A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mana Draining units

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Almondum
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Mana Draining units   Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello everyone,

Finally, after several months, I recovered my account here Very Happy

I have been having a lot of fun with 0.8.8, but there's something I can't understand.
The mana drain of units like Harpiers, Black Mages and Husks has a target limit? I'm only sure that there is a limit to the amount of mana drained on the target, but not on the number of creatures that are affected by the mana drain.

I can't say for sure, but I believe that if a single one of this unit comes near X spellcasting units and uses mana drain, X targets lose mana.
Would it make sense to add a limit to targets that can have their mana drained by a single creature?
E.g: A Harpy comes near 10 druids, and uses Mana Drain. The druids have their mana full, so each one of them has 80 mana, making a total of 800 mana on 10 units.
Right now, all would lose mana, and have 10 or 20 mana remaining after the mana drain, this would mean that a single Harpy drained 600 or 700 mana. That is quite alot of mana and "time"(mana regen) lost.

Whilst I believe the base mana regeneration reduction was a good call, the current way Mana Drain works seems to be too powerful. If used properly it renders spellcasting units quite weak.

I noticed this when I began playing against the Swarm. Their Husks have a tremendous mana drain range and I can't do anything to counter it, except refraining from training spellcasters or shelter them in towers.

Any hints how to overcome this problem? Jokes aside, it could just be my lack of creativity/strategy here.

Thank you for your time,
Almondum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mana Draining units
Page 1 of 1