The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good and Evil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ingulfr
Squire
Squire
Ingulfr

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 am

So, new here! But not new to the Warlords Battlecry series, I've been playing these games since I was but a wee lad. Admittedly my love and memories are focused on Warlords Battlecry III in particular. On Steam I was recommended to give this a try, as my problems couldn't really be solved, but is supposedly solved on the Protectors - which it seems to be! But there's /a lot/ different with this standalone mod, when I was informed otherwise.

A good example, what is this whole, 'Good and Evil' thing I can spend my points on? It's rather vague, I decided to ramp it up to three to see if it did anything, but since no new statistics showed up, I wanted to put it back down, but found I couldn't. No, I didn't leave the menu or anything like that. I was just trying to move the Good and Evil bar from one side to the other to see if it would go into anymore detail after putting points into it.

If this is by design, I'd recommend a warning for a person's first time doing it! But back to my question; what does it do?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:12 am

Changing the perks (including good-evil slider) requires Ability Points. You gain those upon level up.

In version 0.8.7 they used to make your hero good or evil (and be affected by spells, bonuses, damage vulnerabilities etc. against good/evil creatures) and at level 5 (max) even make your army good/evil.

In 0.8.8 however, these perks will no longer be AP investable and will only be changed by doing specific good/evil things. Their effects are still in discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Ingulfr
Squire
Squire
Ingulfr

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:16 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Changing the perks (including good-evil slider) requires Ability Points. You gain those upon level up.

In version 0.8.7 they used to make your hero good or evil (and be affected by spells, bonuses, damage vulnerabilities etc. against good/evil creatures) and at level 5 (max) even make your army good/evil.

In 0.8.8 however, these perks will no longer be AP investable and will only be changed by doing specific good/evil things. Their effects are still in discussion.

Quite a curious thing, what I meant by the spending of the points is that normally I can level up something, say, Strength, and see it's effects, but if I wanted to, I could just remove the point I just spent if I don't like what I see. (long as I didn't leave the Level Up screen) But I can't do that with the Good and Evil bar, it will just straight up remove those points and even while on the Level Up screen, I can't reverse the points I just spent.

So basically from a statistical perspective, all it does is make them very effective/vulnerable to certain key abilities which do additional effects/damage to good/evil creatures?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:06 am

That is correct. In theory, you should be able to reverse the changes done to the perks as well, if of course you did not leave the level up screen, gaining the APs back. There is a bug though if it is the last AP spent, then the slider just locks, not allowing even to reverse changes.
Back to top Go down
Ingulfr
Squire
Squire
Ingulfr

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 am

That is correct. In theory, you should be able to reverse the changes done to the perks as well, if of course you did not leave the level up screen, gaining the APs back. There is a bug though if it is the last AP spent, then the slider just locks, not allowing even to reverse changes.

Ah, that makes sense! Question, just to get an answer to the child inside of me's curiosity, does being fully good or fully evil change the way your units look? From a programming perspective I doubt it, considering how many units are in the game, but I figured I'd ask.

The idea of being a good undead sounds interesting. But from a min-maxing perspective, five points just to be additionally effective against certain things while being notably weak to others doesn't seem like an overall good idea. Considering those five points could be spent into things which benefit you with essentially no weaknesses. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm

The graphics aren't changed.

Like I said, from version 0.8.8 and onward, the good-evil perk will only change through special events, not AP investing, and its effects are yet to be decided. We are opened to suggestions though.
Back to top Go down
Ingulfr
Squire
Squire
Ingulfr

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 pm

The graphics aren't changed.

Like I said, from version 0.8.8 and onward, the good-evil perk will only change through special events, not AP investing, and its effects are yet to be decided. We are opened to suggestions though.

Honestly? I'm not sure how that would work. You would definitely have to be careful, though. Do something that's easy to do, then you offend people who want to be neutral, make it too difficult, then it will become an annoyance for people who want their character good or evil.

It'd probably have to be something to do with the campaign with choices you make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good and Evil
Page 1 of 1