The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race skill idea.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TwelveStep
Knight
Knight
TwelveStep

Race skill idea. Empty
PostSubject: Race skill idea.   Race skill idea. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 2:32 am

I was thinking since racial skills are race based and class skills are individual based, it might be cool to make two different versions of things as they apply. One for classes, one for races. Or perhaps adjust the values different to give a sense of actuality to it. For instance, a Shaman with Warding is using powerful protective magics. That should be stronger than a little racial affinity to resistance. So, maybe the Shaman starts with 3 Warding and the race starts with one, to make it easier. Otherwise, I was thinking Two different Warding skills. One that gives +1 and one that gives +2 per point invested. This would likely be a pain and complicate balancing, but I feel if all the applicable skills were done correctly, it would actually improve balance and immersion. I expect that's what the base idea was with the 1 or 3 points towards a skill were trying to do, I just feel revising or overhauling would improve it tons and thought I'd throw the idea out there.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Race skill idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race skill idea.   Race skill idea. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 am

We are indeed looking into the hero system. We're not sure what's going to happen to it at the moment though but rest assured it's getting discussed massively.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender

Race skill idea.
Page 1 of 1