The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make AI tougher

Go down 
+3
Joe the Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
falcore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
falcore
Squire
Squire
falcore

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm

I tried a skirmish map : me vs 3 allied AI, gr emperor difficulty.

They were a bit of a nuisance, but I managed to crush them. My hero was around lvl 40 with decent gear but nothing phenomenal. Now if this was normal wbc3, vs 3 emperor AI, it would have been more difficult. Because I remember the vanilla game, the AI was relentless even if it sucked. But eventually you'd get swarmed.

Now the AI even on the greatest difficulty is not aggressive enough. They should be packing a huge army and swarm the player and wipe him out, and I don't care if they cheat and have bonus income.

Anyway if my char can beat 3 allied AI at highest, it's like I've beaten the game and there's no more challenge left.

Alimonos likes this post

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 6:17 pm

I agree the AI could be more of a challenge, but keep in mind that level 40 heroes in tpc are like 80 in vanilla.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 am

I suspect that the AI aren't spending nearly as much resources as they're receiving.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Robcore
Squire
Squire
Robcore

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 am

I give my thumbs up for this! It is always good to have one difficulty that is realy hardcore. Maybe just do as OP said? Make a new AI to choose from and just let it cheat. Would need some testing of course. But it should be nearly impossible to beat it. If that goal is reached, do a second new AI with a bit less cheat bonus so not that hardcore players that are better than the average players still have something to do except MP.

My 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 4:02 am

With 0.8.8 the AI is really kicking butt. We actually had to spend over a month trying to NERF its strategies and force it to make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Robcore
Squire
Squire
Robcore

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
With 0.8.8 the AI is really kicking butt. We actually had to spend over a month trying to NERF its strategies and force it to make mistakes.

I already looked through the changelog and it realy sounds great! Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Rodmar18
Lord
Lord
Rodmar18

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
We actually had to spend over a month trying to NERF its strategies and force it to make mistakes.
Hello, I'm interested here into emulating a non-godlike AI enemy in another game.
Adding some fuzziness in its decisions to lead it into making mistakes or non-optimal decisions, like right strats with inadequate troops, right troops with inadequate strats, altered building order and/or placement, individual units resisting a morale check whereas maths would predict an automatic loss (or units fleeing while they are winning).
Something like:

Double each logical test (and 100% chance occurrences) by a percentile role that results in sub-optimal decision:
A% = (40% + (AI_level*10%)) chance to choose optimal strategy/tactics or use a given information about the map/human player.
B% chance to choose sub-optimal ways.
C% = 15% - (AI_level*2.5%)) chance to choose harmful/opposite ways.

or

Any data given to AI (before unchanged, and as best as possible, tests) has a given chance of being incorrect:
A% = (40% + (AI_level*10%)) chance to be correct (as with the usual cheating AI).
B% chances to be mildly over-/underestimated.
C% = (15% - (AI_level*2.5%)) chance to be grossly over-/underestimated.

As this adds another layer in the decision process, this grants the opportunity to give additional variations to specific races, with some races that are quite immune to fuzziness, and some other that are more prone to fuzziness. For instance, this could help implementing the chaotic nature of some races, at the same AI level.

You may answer by "Yes, something like that." or "No, not really this." if you want. Or give directions.
Back to top Go down
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight
LibraExAnima

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 am

Would be good if AI wouldn't be useless after defeating their heros. Most of the time when their hero died, they are extremely passive. Also you may add an option to stop enemies from surrendering Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 am

Well heroes are the last to die most of the time now. And there is the option AI Resignation - disable it to stop AI surrenders.
Back to top Go down
falcore
Squire
Squire
falcore

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 6:13 am

Hello devs,

Just picked up the game again recently... and I must say I'm really impressed with what you did with the AI, it's tough and even smart, I have troubles even in 1 vs 1. You did a great job! Congrats... cheers

Alimonos likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intikhab
Lord
Lord
Intikhab

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 7:11 am

We are happy you have liked AI changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Make AI tougher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make AI tougher   Make AI tougher I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make AI tougher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: