The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Karsh
Squire
Squire
Karsh

Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places Empty
PostSubject: Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places   Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Like the title says, I came upon this bug at least twice now. After some time (usually quite a lot of time), no matter on which map, invisible, impassable by any type of unit (ground, floating or flying), walls appear in most likely random places.

The first time it happened to me (during patch 0.8.6) I almost couldn't finish the match, because my melee units couldn't reach most of the enemy's base (god bless catapults), but this time the wall simply made it impossible to end the match in any way, because it blocked off the way to/from my base completely (Map being "The Cave"). I was also able to see many other units, such as (before the incident, very aggressive) neutral Reapers stuck in a small narrow area unable to move and not reacting to any nearby non-neutral troops.

The walls seem to be in rather unusual shapes, seeing how, during my first encounter with the bug, my army tried to form a long line to get to the enemies, which then just stood there in place because the linear way simply ended at some point. The walls, of course, are impassable for both my and any other units, whether they're neutral or the enemies'.

Sadly, I don't know any way of replicating the bug other than simply waiting for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places   Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks for the report, never heard of it before. Was this happening in single player or multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Karsh
Squire
Squire
Karsh

PostSubject: Re: Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places   Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 6:51 pm

It was a single player game (sadly, since none of my friends want to play RTS games with me Neutral )
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

PostSubject: Re: Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places   Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 10:05 am

"Invisible walls" --> There is an artifact (staff), that gives 20 points in Nature magic, but is cursed -> this curse causes "invisible obstacles to occur on the map. Making it pretty impossible to build larger buildings as 3x2 squares.

Could it be you own this staff?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places   Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 am

I think this one was fixed in 0.8.9 but I'm not sure. I suspect the multiplayer equivalent caused by sync errors is still going on though.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places   Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invisible walls appearing in seemingly random places
Page 1 of 1