The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Magery Perk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 10:37 am

Will someone please explain to me how Magery perk works?
Items with +damage to melee attacks also seem to boost the damage of my staff items.
Also i dont know what skill im pumping but one of them gives me -1 to my damage when im holding a staff

my damage was at -6 (max magery perk) with a staff and now its -9, why would my staff damage be going down?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 am

If Mighty Blow is giving a damage bonus to any ranged attack (Archery or Magery), it'll be a bug. It is only supposed to be giving bonus damage to melee attacks, whilst Marksman gives a damage bonus to ranged ones.

Ranged attacks are less powerful than melee. Equipping a ranged weapon will decrease hero damage. Magery and Archery decrease the damage penalty and can increase range too.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Can Magery only get a max of 5 points?
Yes i think Mighty Blow is giving me 2 damage to my mage attack. Items like a shield i have equipped (+6 to melee) is also giving me more damage but it is also making my damage less for my magic attacks?

40 (minus 8 for magic staff) is my damage without the shield

46(minus 10 for magic staff) is my damage with shield on

im not sure whats causing my damage to go down, I will do more testing
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Yeah I noticed it too, and I didn't figure out how magery really works, i.e. when do you get more minus damage (is the malus proportional to your growing damage with levels?)
Back to top Go down
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:42 am

So what i have found out so far it seems is MOST skills or items that is Giving +melee damage is also giving minus damage when a staff is equipped but it is NOT consistent at all. My +6 melee shield is giving me +6 damage but also -2 damage with staff equipped.
It also looks like pumping Strength will give a +1 to dmg and ALSO -1 to staff attacks when one is equipped but its inconsistent.
Also pumping mighty blow skill (+2 melee attacks) is also adding to that -1 to staff attacks but it also is not consistent.
Also every time i run into an enemy hero with a ranged attack they always have -28 damage beside their damage number

Im trying to boost my damage with my magic staff and everything i boost (strength or mighty blow) is giving me mixed results and magery can only got to level 5 max.

Depending on how hard it would be to implement i think ALL weapons should have a TYPE like /ranged/melee/magic
To fix this i think ALL heros should have access to a leveling skill for each weapon type:
Melee(+2 dmg)
Ranged(+1 dmg for balance)
Magic(+1 dmg for balance)
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 1:30 pm

They give more minus because Magery, Throwing & Archery deal a % of damage based on the hero's base damage (and the game appears to be confusing Mighty Blow with base hero damage). Magery, Throwing & Archery perks increase the % of ranged damage based on the hero's base damage for the three ranged weapon types (but perhaps not by enough). Marksmanship, Strength & slayer skills are supposed to be the only ways of increasing damage for ranged heroes which have maxed out Magery, Throwing or Archery.
Back to top Go down
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:50 pm

i see, any plans on refining this system in the future?
The new items i have found are pretty nice and having different types is great.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 12:40 am

There's always room for improvement. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 10:10 am

About Magery:
when my hero receives natural range of 8 (Deamon + Summoner)
And I equip a staff, that gives range of +4.
I would expect rather to see MAX of those values, than just having the weapon range overriding my natural range.

I see it like this: I can shoot fireballs, so equipping a staff that also shoots fireballs, should allow me channel it's power and increase the DMG of my own fireballs.
But the staff should not prohibit me from shooting the same fireballs I am able to shoot without the staff.

Briefly: attack weapons should increase my power, not reduce it.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Perhaps if items gave + or - to range?
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
Perhaps if items gave + or - to range?

They do, in current status.
And the staff I equipped / wield does say "gives range of 4"
My point is that when I have range of 8 (natural), this staff is weakening me...

It should be like with melee damage. I also do not expect sword of 20 Slashing DMG to change my Hero DMG from 80 to 20.

Of course I also don't expect that my range would change in additive manner (would be OP)
My range = 8, Staff Range = 4
OP : 12
Expected : 8
Right now: 4

Would my Summoner equip melee weapon: then of course my range drops to melee, that is ok, or if my Summoner would equip bow/sling/crossbow -> different type of ranged (instead magical, it is mechanical), then I would also accept range reduction (as mechanical ranged has nothing to do with my magical ranged)

Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 am

I don't mean change the range to a specific value, I mean increment or decrease the natural range based on the item equipped. For example, instead of having a staff that has 4 Range, it could instead give -2 Range (which would be 8-2=6).

Ranged hero attacks are generally too weak at the moment and will be looked into for 0.8.8.
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
I don't mean change the range to a specific value, I mean increment or decrease the natural range based on the item equipped. For example, instead of having a staff that has 4 Range, it could instead give -2 Range (which would be 8-2=6).

Ranged hero attacks are generally too weak at the moment and will be looked into for 0.8.8.

Yeah, I like that, makes sense in much wider area of practical use and still underlines possible item properties (bulky/heavy or just "giving malus", in order to boost some other skill, without jumping up in the item category)
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 3:02 am

The missile perk system has been updated and fixed in 0.8.9. However, Mighty Blow still gives damage bonuses to missile attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Magery Perk Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Magery Perk   New Magery Perk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Magery Perk
Page 1 of 1