The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Elokfent
Knight
Knight
Elokfent

[FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 2:10 am

Hello, this is probably the most noticeable issue that spoils the joy of the game, if there was a post on this I apologize.

This is example what is bad in first look:

Click:

This was bothers me so much when i was playing this game from the beginning. Is it possible to fix that ai behaviour?

Second thing is same for ai, but it's sth. different a little. This is strange and it should be more fixable, but idk. So, after i played today i saw (like in originall wbc3) that sometimes when AI is attacking with his units some enemy units and then when they kill just one of the enemy unit, then are waiting wait 1 sec and then they starting attack other one, and it is repeatable. (It is like this sometimes)

So, AI tells his units to attack only the unit with an enemy that is closest to him , then another and so on, instead of giving the command to attack while moving so this will makes his units to attack all of the enemies without any delay.

Also, when i play 3v3 enemies are attacking only me, they fighting with my allies but not attacking them directly.

It's just my opinion on how AI is for now.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:49 am

Elokfent wrote:
This was bothers me so much when i was playing this game from the beginning. Is it possible to fix that ai behaviour?
The only way was to get the AI to self destruct their stuck units, but that was causing issues down the line so I believe it got taken out in 0.8.6. There has been some talk about other ways of doing it though, but ultimately the fix for this will only be seen in a future patch.

Elokfent wrote:
when they kill just one of the enemy unit, then are waiting wait 1 sec and then they starting attack other one
I haven't seen this sort of delay since old TPC and vanilla, where AI commands were 'laggy'. The AI should be instantly switching targets after it destroys a unit in TPC.

Elokfent wrote:
when i play 3v3 enemies are attacking only me, they fighting with my allies but not attacking them directly.
They may either have randomly chosen their target, or you're outperforming your allies and have more assets than them so the AI will likely target you.

Does this happen regardless of your asset count and AI difficulty? (in which case this is a bug)
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Elokfent
Knight
Knight
Elokfent

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 2:12 am

Quote :
Quote :
Elokfent wrote:
when i play 3v3 enemies are attacking only me, they fighting with my allies but not attacking them directly.

They may either have randomly chosen their target, or you're outperforming your allies and have more assets than them so the AI will likely target you.

Ok, then i need to check it when i will have some free time.

Quote :
Quote :
Elokfent wrote:
when they kill just one of the enemy unit, then are waiting wait 1 sec and then they starting attack other one

I haven't seen this sort of delay since old TPC and vanilla, where AI commands were 'laggy'. The AI should be instantly switching targets after it destroys a unit in TPC.

Well, maybe i saw a units which was blocking themself to go to other enemies and it was looking like they are have delay.

Quote :
Quote :
Elokfent wrote:

The only way was to get the AI to self destruct their stuck units, but that was causing issues down the line so I believe it got taken out in 0.8.6. There has been some talk about other ways of doing it though, but ultimately the fix for this will only be seen in a future patch.

Then i belive in you guys (:
Back to top Go down
Elokfent
Knight
Knight
Elokfent

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:10 pm

CLICK:

Still some AI issues.. building base in enemy base is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:55 am

Elokfent wrote:

Still some AI issues.. building base in enemy base is not a good idea.

That one seems to be a never ending battle.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 8:15 pm

All reported issues fixed in 0.8.7. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example   [FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] 0.8.6 not satisfied how ai is working - example
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Bugs reporting-
Jump to: