The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[SOLVED] Can't wait :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rodgard
Knight
Knight
Rodgard

[SOLVED] Can't wait :( Empty
PostSubject: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:28 am

Hello all, i love the 0.8.6 release, but that problem with lvling is driving me crazy, when there is gonna be fix for it? Sorry for my impatience Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:43 am

Dito... My Girlfriend and me want play Wink

And an other Question...The Game will be crash if are many Enemys/Action
on it. I Create a Costum map with Many Creature Dwellings and after few
minutes the Game Crash to Desktop.
On Classic Campaign there are some Crashs too.
Back to top Go down
Rodgard
Knight
Knight
Rodgard

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:50 am

I'm not Dito Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 6:14 pm

Me too, can't wait for the hero level bug fix Wink
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Expect the hotfix this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:06 pm

As for the crashes, what operating systems are you guys using and what compatibility option have you set the game to run through?

For reference, I have Windows 7 and run the game as Administrator and through Windows XP SP2 compatibility and I don't get random in-game crashes.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Windows 7 and the Same exe Settings. And i have Crashs on maps with many Actions/Units.

A Patch this Weekend? Hope so!!!

/edit. And the Protectors Campaign where you have to survive 30 minutes crashes too
at start
Back to top Go down
Rodgard
Knight
Knight
Rodgard

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 10:42 am

Thanks for answer, waiting for the weekend with a clock in hand Laughing
According to crashes, 0.8.5 made crash every 10-20 minute, while 0.8.6 didn't crash for me even once. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:17 am

A lot of the crashes people are experiencing are down to people not removing older versions of The Protectors before installing 0.8.6. Or some compatibility options on Windows 8/10.

I believe Aschrakor's crashes are the "defeat in multiplayer crash", which is known (when a player is defeated in multiplayer, their game crashes instead of going back to the main menu) and XP / Leveling map abuse.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:45 am

Now a Text from Google Translator:

The game crashes every time you play longer. At the latest when a player is defeated or give up . Whether it is with games won so I can not say , as it is every time crashed before.
And because it does not matter which type of card you take . Costum or Random , leveling or normal. With or without opponents. The result is the same .
And the problems occurred even when I installed the game for the first time ever .

I suspect that just too little memory is used . The display in startup.txt shows 1024. Ram and I do not think more to use the game as well and this leads to problems if too much is to be calculated .

Bring it what to change the value in startup.txt ? ^^

I can only hope that the upcoming patch improvement brings . In the current state the game is not playable for me !
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 8:58 am

The 1024 MB is a result of running a compatibility option for the game and so we all have that.
The only thing that comes to mind at this point is your 8 core processor. I know that multi-core processors can cause issues for older games, but WBC3 seems fine with my 4 core processor.

However, with some other games I had to force the game on to a specific core. This is done through Task Manager when WBC3 is running - go to the processes tab and right click on WBC3 and choose "set affinity" at which point you can choose what cores the game can be run on. Simply deselect all but the first one. However, for me, I can't seem to do this for WBC3 (but I can for other programs). SO I imagine the same will apply for you BUT if it isn't and you can set the affinity for WBC3, then I suggest giving it a try and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Rodgard
Knight
Knight
Rodgard

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:51 am

How is level bug fix status? Will it be today?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:30 am

Hotfix released. Bugs fixed in 0.8.6a.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:30 am

Thanks 4 Fix!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Can't wait :(   [SOLVED] Can't wait :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] Can't wait :(
Page 1 of 1