The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My suggestions for TPC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

My suggestions for TPC Empty
PostSubject: My suggestions for TPC   My suggestions for TPC I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi everyone, these are my suggestions until now (dunno how they're doable or not by programming). I'll update this topic whenever I'll think about something new, adding the tip. I'll split everything in 2 lists, one I think more doable, another I think less.
Also, I began translating the English folder in Italian, but stopped because the game (and so its lines) is too shifting with patches (and thank you for your work!), so I'll wait for a more "definitive" version to re-begin with.

More doable for now

1. Other 1/2 item slots in the inventory, so to combine more than one set. Examples are legs, shoulders, bracers, cape (divided from the body slot)
  2. A spell range radius, like the command radius but red coloured, displayed together with the command radius by pushing R.
  3. Reaver could have a skill to hit flying units, like Call Lightning or Hand of Ice
  4. Black Guardian could have a skill to hit flying units, like Spray Poison or Hand of Flame
  5. Garrison should be possible directly by a rallying point from any building that creates units, like sending the 8 builders in mines directly from the HQ
  6. Two equippable weapons for the hero, one for melee and one for ranged, and a button in the bottom bar to swap between the two styles of combat. Like elves or Eomer mounting/dismounting  in LOTR RotWK (this too maybe, to make cavalry an infantry unit at will, using Undead evolving mechanics but reversible and with no cost)
  7. Keybinding spell bar should cointain at least 16 slot instead of 8 (so should be doubled), so as to use it with more spell proficiencies (even the in-game acquired ones). Also could be useful to insert spells in those slots with alternative methods from F1-F8
  8. Being capable to use inventory (changing items like in battle or in the campaign) and spend unspent points after leveling up in the hero info screen, when choosing heroes
  9. Adding a frame in the spell book when you can directly choose the spell sphere (maybe above the name), like it was in WBC2, so switching between magic spheres would be faster than clicking on forward X times
  10. I think Ferocity should be nerfed to +2 Combat or +1 Combat & +1 Damage, and so other skills that give too much; having a lv20- Hero with 30+ Combat is a gamebreaker imho, considering sinergy bonus too

Less doable for now

1. Heroes editor.exe compatible with TPC
  2. Rage mechanic: a unit with Rage gains +1 damage x10 seconds for every hit received by enemies (stacks 10 times until +10 damage, each stack replenishes the 10 seconds buff time). Some races can research upgrades of Rage like Orcs, Barbarians, Minotaurs
  3. Retaliate mechanic: a unit with Retaliate has a chance to inflict a percentage of the damage received (before applying armor/resistance) at each blow. Certain races can research upgrades of Retaliate like Swarm, Daemons, Orochi
  4. Honour mechanic: every unit can gain a command radius affecting ally troops at lv5 (+2 combat, 10 command radius) and lv10 (+3 combat +1 speed), plus affecting enemy nearby troops too at lv15 (-2 combat, 15 command radius), lv20 (-3 combat, -1 speed). Certain races can research upgrades of Honour like Knights, High Elves, Dragonlords, Orochi
  5. Orochi race: designed like the Orochi of Magic: The Gathering one (Kamigawa block - 1 - 2 - 3), they're an oriental-ish serpent (but antropomorph and with four arms) race with a strong sense of honor. Units like Samurai, Geisha, Ninja, Monks, Yumi archers, Naginata riders and so on (even renamed), maybe upgradable like Undead but upon reaching a unit level, not with resources. As snakes they're affected by Serpentslayer and others like it, as Ssrathi (so these skills would become more useful finally). Strong use of the Honour and Retaliate features in their researches
  6. Titans have Honour as a lv20 unit (+3 combat +1 speed for allies, -3 combat -1 speed for enemies, 15 command radius)
  7. Each Titan has a unique ability, used once per battle same as RSB but less powerful, regarding the Titan himself. Examples: Kargoth summons a lv10 Daemon, Sirian doubles Honour for 5 minutes, Forestmaster gets double range for 5 minutes and so on
  8. We're in 2016 (Edit: 2017, a year has passed, yay!) and still we can't build a gate with open/close function like in AoE2!

Last edited by Onimenokatana on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: My suggestions for TPC   My suggestions for TPC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: My suggestions for TPC   My suggestions for TPC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 am

You'll be happy to know much of this is already planned. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: My suggestions for TPC   My suggestions for TPC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 9:36 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
You'll be happy to know much of this is already planned. Wink

Finally an answer Very Happy some examples of which ones?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: My suggestions for TPC   My suggestions for TPC I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 1:52 am

Sure!

• Item slots
  • Spell radius being determined by another stat so Charisma doesn't influence a wizard's casting ability (Intelligence, a Mastery sub-stat (which may also govern the summon cap) or other)
  • A switch button for melee and ranged weapons
  • Spell slots / the hero hotbar - although we probably can't get it to 16 we should be able to get it to 10-12. We may also provide a secondary hotbar with a switch button to switch between the 2 hero hotbars (like in Titan Quest)
  • Being able to spend unspent points other than at a hero level up screen
  • WBC2 spellbook (complete with spell icons for each and every spell)
  • Gates... one day lol! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My suggestions for TPC   My suggestions for TPC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My suggestions for TPC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: