The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] No exp gain in battle

Go down 
+2
Kharn
malyboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
malyboy
Knight
Knight
malyboy

[FIXED] No exp gain in battle Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:19 pm

After mission 'recapture the rift' my hero dont get exp in battle, only bonus exp after.

Hero barbarian, chieftain, tinman mode.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 1:42 am

The game only rewards XP for a mission if the duration exceeds a minimum length. I.E: If it was completed in a very short time the game won't award any XP for it.
Back to top Go down
malyboy
Knight
Knight
malyboy

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 3:20 am

I mean exp for destroying buildings/killing in battle i receive bonus exp at the end.
Back to top Go down
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 6:43 am

Got the same problem.

I have map to quickly level up hero.
I played it once. I was level 1. It gave me 14 levels, at the end I was level 29.

I played it again and it gave me 0 experiece.
I it doesn't give me any experience playng same map anymore.

ps: Imho grand emperor sounds dumb, can't you just name it Warlord? Or something?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:17 am

In future it may get renamed to something like Prophet/Demigod (with reference to Marthos and Lyseas).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:25 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
In future it may get renamed to something like Prophet/Demigod (with reference to Marthos and Lyseas).

Hmmm Demigod, that sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 1:22 am

If this XP bug is what I think it is, it may be that the hero is gaining experience but the XP bar just stays at 0XP?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 2:01 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
If this XP bug is what I think it is, it may be that the hero is gaining experience but the XP bar just stays at 0XP?

As I listed in my topic, I usually see the XP bar at 0. But sometimes it worked, however in those cases upon gaining a level the problem was the same... Can't say if they're correlated
Back to top Go down
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 6:26 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:

No, hero doesn't get experience at all. One battle would give me several levels normally. In this case all I got is 1 exp after battle.

EDIT:
Okay i have been testing this further.
I played with same hero map again and after a while I suddenly gained 3/4.
I played again and I got 3x2 level.
I played again and nothing.

Then I got theory about hero soaking experience for levels he missed so I tried another here.

Lvl 1 hero on my map.
Finished with 3600 experience, level 13. Need 4000 exp to level 14.
At finish screen however I have level 25 because of double level bug but most importantly I need suddenly 15000 exp to next level because its level 26.
And that's why I had empty experience bar for several battles. Because hero was catching up on experience.
And that's also why you sometimes have empty experience bar although you gain experience. Ofcourse it's less aparent if you don't cheat.

I hope you got that. It's simply side effect of double level bug and once double level bug will get fixed, this problem will also dissappear.
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:45 am

Good finding Meal, in my experience it is possible. But the xp bar is always relative to the actual level, or begins growing when at the initial actual level and not before? For example, if lv 10 needs 10.000 xp, the bar would grow starting from 9000 xp at lv9 and not before, or would grow even if I'm at lv5 (for the bug) with 5000 xp, but 1/5 slowly (having to cover other 5000 xp to lv10 instead of 1000)? If the bar starts exactly with the initial exp value of a given level and not before, I think you're right.
Back to top Go down
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:05 am

Onimenokatana wrote:
Good finding Meal, in my experience it is possible. But the xp bar is always relative to the actual level, or begins growing when at the initial actual level and not before? For example, if lv 10 needs 10.000 xp, the bar would grow starting from 9000 xp at lv9 and not before, or would grow even if I'm at lv5 (for the bug) with 5000 xp, but 1/5 slowly (having to cover other 5000 xp to lv10 instead of 1000)? If the bar starts exactly with the initial exp value of a given level and not before, I think you're right.

It is like you said. Exp bar would stay empty untill you actually hit initial level and then it starts to grow.

I was level 29 but my experience bar was emtpy untill I reached the value of real 29 level. It happened same for level 35.

As for my new hero. His bar would be empy untill he will reach 14000 experience (which is amount of experience needed for level 25) and then his bar will start to fill.
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:08 am

In that case I believe the problem is solved by fixing the level bug as you said. Gratz for finding it and let's hope this weekend will come soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:34 am

Fixed in 0.8.6a. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] No exp gain in battle   [FIXED] No exp gain in battle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] No exp gain in battle
Page 1 of 1