The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Few Starting problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deogo
Squire
Squire
deogo

[FIXED] Few Starting problems Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 7:30 pm

Hey guys,
I must say this mod is like whole new game to me, it does many things very right
Though i cant enjoy this game because of few problems from the original WBC 3 (compared to one on steam)
i have win 8 x 64 and here is my experience
1. The Protectors wont start for me from any place except if installed under C:\program files and have compatibility set to Win 7. Other wise it crashes on start. Not a big problem since i still coult run it, but FYI
2. Two problems from the original WBC 3:
2.1 Hardcore hero wont save, tried many mothods ppl siggested like deleting profile, completing scenario after hero creation, runiing game as admin and so on, nothing works, anything can be done here? THose new mods like tinman and bronzeman work fine on first look
2.2 After alt-tab game start flickering, many textures missing, so ther is no way to continue playing. Any way this can be fixed?
3. I have tried to run The Protectors under the virtual machine on XP - tried VMWare and VirtualBox on x64 SP2 and x86 SP3 - it doesnt work, always crash on startup, evetlog saying about problems with ntdll. I Was hoping running the game on xp will solve two problems listed in #2

anyway you can help?
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 2:33 pm

deogo wrote:

2.2 After alt-tab game start flickering, many textures missing, so there is no way to continue playing. Any way this can be fixed?

I think I saw a lower version of this flickering (no missing textures) in a windows 8 and 10 with TPC 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 (not my machine). The person in question updated his OS and the flickering became restricted to the mouse/cursor. I didn't experience this myself, so I have no idea if this is a valid solution (just saying it looks like a compatibility issue with modern machines/OS).

There is also another issue that seems related to performance apps (again, not my veteran machine), making TPC menu run really slow (like debug mode + heavily affecting the menu and editor).
Back to top Go down
Intikhab
Lord
Lord
Intikhab

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:29 am

Follow these steps and tell us if your problem is removed or not.
https://the-protectors.forumotion.com/t352-how-to-run-wbc-series-stably-on-modern-setups
Back to top Go down
deogo
Squire
Squire
deogo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:36 am

1. i have direct play installed
2. I have compatibility & admin options enabled (win XP SP3 )
no other problems happend to me and the solustion dont have any answers for problems i wrote
is there any way to run game in windowed mode?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 2:45 am

deogo wrote:

Not yet, but we are working on it. Hopefully, version 0.8.6 will have this feature.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
deogo
Squire
Squire
deogo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:22 am

great news
i've tried DxWnd and it works generally, but not good enough

and my game crashes very often, do you have any logs to check on?
Back to top Go down
deogo
Squire
Squire
deogo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 6:34 pm

ok i've tried to run TP on win XP x86 SP3 on normal PC, not VM and it wont run - cause crash
how did you guys broke it so badly? Very Happy
i was hoping to find solution for all the problems on XP and now it looks just hopelessly
Back to top Go down
Intikhab
Lord
Lord
Intikhab

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 pm

deogo wrote:
1. i have direct play installed
2. I have compatibility & admin options enabled (win XP SP3 )
no other problems happend to me and the solustion dont have any answers for problems i wrote

You have anti-virus exclusions for this game as guide says because game refusing to start comes from there too, as I have written in my guide?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 pm

deogo wrote:
ok i've tried to run TP on win XP x86 SP3 on normal PC, not VM and it wont run - cause crash
how did you guys broke it so badly? Very Happy
i was hoping to find solution for all the problems on XP and now it looks just hopelessly
Most likely missing some software (directx? bink video?). Try deleting the video folder and see if that fixes it. TPC runs fine on win xp.
Back to top Go down
deogo
Squire
Squire
deogo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 9:13 pm

nah it won't
i've tried to rename video folder before posting - same effect
i'll check the DX but this machine has other games running well, so i dont think thats the case
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Does the original game work on it?
Back to top Go down
deogo
Squire
Squire
deogo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 2:47 am

yea, just checked, the one from steam runs well, no graphic glitches after alt-tab, but HC hero still wont save
TP wont run on the same machine
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Ironman heroes should now be working in 0.8.6.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 11:41 pm

All fixed in 0.8.7. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Few Starting problems   [FIXED] Few Starting problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Few Starting problems
Page 1 of 1