The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ANI Files

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 am

I've resized a unit, but am having trouble with the ANI file for it scratch. I'm using an ANI editor and have figured out much of it but my resized unit keeps flickering at the end of each animation loop - is this due to a 'malformed' sprite sheet or an indivisible one? (I don't think the width/height needs to be divisible by number of sprites or does it? Logically I'd think so but for example, the Faerie Dragon's Width is odd yet it still loops without any jitters confused).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 6:59 am

Does it flicker for all of the unit's animations or just a particular one?
Either way, it's possible that the ani file is trying to use more frames than what's actually in the image, thus causing it to run blank when the next frame is beyond on image's actual width.
Try reducing the number of frames for what ever animations are flickering.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:20 am

I mean to say the image jitters at the end of the loop, possibly because it's travelling during what is supposed to be a stationary animation.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:08 am

That shouldn't be an issue. There are other units that can mimic this. (Souls can't "walk" but can be moved by the AI and yet they move fine)

If you send me all the external files for the unit, I'll take a look at it tomorrow. PM me if you would like to and I'll give you me e-mail address, that is if you don't already know it or know how to access WBC3Stuff.

P.S: This may actually be an .arm issue, as there are a few animation related values set there. (Including one to make the unit "turn around" instead of directly facing a direction when ordered to move.)
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Join us on Google Drive Kharn, we might need aditional help from your wisdom (assigning new attack/editor sounds for instance).
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:30 am

Where do I go and what do I need to know to access it?
Back to top Go down
Guest4353

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 am

Check your email, Kharn.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:30 am

Ok, I'm on there now, but I can't seem to open the _DISCUSSIONS file, nor any other txt file for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:35 am

Kharn wrote:
Ok, I'm on there now, but I can't seem to open the _DISCUSSIONS file, nor any other txt file for that matter.

Stange... you are able to edit any file inside TPCdev.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:43 am

I had to create an entirely new account to access it (named Kharnlord), perhaps I don't have "access" to download the stuff? Also, do I have to install anything?
I think I saw something while registering about downloading some app.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:48 am

Kharn wrote:
I had to create an entirely new account to access it (named Kharnlord), perhaps I don't have "access" to download the stuff?

I am not sure what is wrong there. I was about to say you don't have a google acount with that email? You already have access to it all, so there is no point in sending a new invitation. You can also try using another email (I have PM you with my email, if you want another invitation).

Or simply, wait for Patrick.

Sorry, I can't be helpfull here.

EDIT: From _discussion:
1.Find 5GB of ram on your disk. Create a folder like “”TPC repository”.
2.Download Google Drive for PC: click the cog on the top right (settings) -> download drive
3.When asked, set your google drive folder to TPC repository. Choose only to sync with the folder I (Patrick) shared (TheProtectors dev) in case your google drive account has more stuff.
4.Wait for the syncing to stop. It will take a few hours to download all the files. Afterwards, all editing done by you or the others will automatically download/upload to all (if connected to the internet).
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:05 am

If google drive isn't working, I can post the files to you next week.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:36 pm

For the time being, I probably wont use Google Drive, (I'm not fond of downloading things like this) but that's not to say that I wont ever try it.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:16 pm

The thing is: changes can be done and everyone can test it out (so far Joe and myself are well organized and all works just fine, so there are no unstable versions now - We have a good oiled monster there), you can talk with someone there in real time. I think is a plus for things going a little faster. Centralization is better than work alone and then post stuff somewhere i think (feedback is permanent, also self criticism). Also people send task for you to do, so nobody is doing the same stuff twice. Bugs are reported, fixed and tested methodically. The list of bugs is constatly updated and cleaned. There a re tons of suggestions and brainstorming.

[...]

You should give it a try. Wait for Pat, he will help.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 am

Nevermind, I think I've got the unit sorted now but thanks anyway Smile.
Back to top Go down
Yepitisme

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 3:13 am

The Google Drive stuff don't use much storage space, the 5GB is the TPC dev version.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 3:39 am

Yepitisme wrote:
The Google Drive stuff don't use much storage space, the 5GB is the TPC dev version.

Precisely (now is 6GB, hehe!)
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 am

I'm trying to edit the anim speed of the Lizard Rider and Iriki, but any value I change doesn't seem to work.

I've managed to change the Wood Elf hero's frame latency which did work, but this value doesn't seem to do anything to the Lizard Rider or Iriki.

Does anyone know why/knows how I can decrease the walk anim's playback speed for the 2 aforementioned units?
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 4:58 am

If the .arm file's latency control isn't working, then it's hard coded. (Just like the speed of a Dragon's idle animation, which is played slower than normal)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ANI Files    Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANI Files    ANI Files    I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANI Files
Page 1 of 1