The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:21 pm

Extracted from the wbc3 wiki:

1. If a Hero does more than 1024 damage in melee, then they enter the infamous "Hero Crash" where the hero dies beyond death and remains standing, repeating a deathblow sound if the damage exceeded the limit due to a deathblow. The Hero, however, never actually counts as being dead, despite having a negative HP value in the -1000's. Not only does this render the Hero useless and unintractable for the remainder of the battle, but as the Hero still counts as existing, it will prevent the game from ever ending! I'm uncertain as to what happens if a ranged attack does more than 1024 damage. It's named the Hero Crash as in the unmodded game, only Heroes can reach such a high damage output, but an externally modified unit can reach this limit, too. FIXED

2. When a Hero's HP reaches the 1000's, their mana will be incorrectly displayed as being in the 1000's, too. I.E: a mana amount of 320 would be displayed as being 1320 if the Hero's HP is in the 1000's. The same thing applies in reverse order, too - when a Hero reaches 1000 mana, then his HP will be incorrectly displayed as being in the 1000's. FIXED

3. By queuing "priority" commands to a Hero, you can have them convert a building at the same time as building one, allowing the hero to safely convert something without fear of being harmed and interrupted. FIXED

4. For the purpose of the normal "Stop defeat" or AI resignation, Heroes don't count as being dead until they start to decompose. This was something that didn't occur until WBC2. FIXED

5. Some Heroes have incorrect death sounds. FIXED

6. A Hero obtained during a match (from Resurrection) wont have a correct speech set and some don't even have any at all. It seems that only the original 8 Heroes will ever have a speech set and only the first one obtained will. Further more, the speech set it acquires is that of side one's Hero. FIXED

7. Assassin class Heroes gain 100 gold for their assassinations, too. However, the game never once mentions this to you - standard unit assassinations call up small text along side the yellow skull's visual effects stating the +100 gold. It's also questionable whether or not Heroes are actually meant to gain the 100 gold for their assassinations. FIXED

8. Daemon Heroes are tagged as good creatures. (This is NOT a system.xcr issue.) FIXED

9. The Hero skill "Reave" apparently doesn't work. I've never used this skill but I've heard many people mention it not doing anything. FIXED

10. Bronze Golems from the battle just fought wont appear in the new recruits for playing as Dark Dwarves, but randomly given Bronze Golems can be to Dark Dwarven Heroes. Note that the only reason Dark Dwarven Heroes can get Bronze Golems into their retinue is because of a hack that gives each race their general when none made it through to the end of the game. If Dark Dwarves are allowed a Bronze Golem into their retinue, then I don't see why an exception can't be made to allow the ones they battled with to enter the new recruits. FIXED

11. A Hero's chosen profession seems to alter their alignment. An Orc Runemaster, for example, is considered a good creature. There is absolutely nothing in game that mentions this. That is, if it's not actually a bug. FIXED

12. There's a maximum limit to the amount of objects a Hero can target within his command radius (32 I believe). That means if there are more than that, then some objects wont be targeted by what ever the Hero is doing. Since the calculation for working out which of the 32 objects will be targeted is the typical top to bottom and left to right, objects to the bottom right of a Hero are less likely to get targeted. This can even create unfair matches where 2 Heroes (one in the top left corner of the map and one in the bottom right) have the power to fire off Call Lightning and with map-covering spell range boosts, the Hero in the bottom right corner of the map can hit the top left one, but top left one can't hit the bottom right one, as the 32 object limit would get full before it reaches the bottom right Hero. FIXED

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:21 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:50 am

Rodmar18 found this one over at the wiki - the High Elven Arcane Rune skill doesn't have any effect on Spider Priestesses or Ice Maidens. FIXED

Maybe number 11 should change a hero's alignment depending upon their points in Evil/Good. FIXED

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:55 am

Yeah I saw that one but didn't want to comment at the time because I thought the Arcane Rune only made the Rune of Manos skill cheaper and so needed to look into what it actually did. (I've never had an Elven Hero passed level 4 lol! )
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:03 am

Quick discussion: Should the Assassin hero gain 100 gold when successful? I would incline to say no for balancing reasons, but we should call a vote.
Back to top Go down
DeNarr
Lord
Lord
DeNarr

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:33 am

I'm not sure if [Jealous Swarm] means this is applying to a different version of the mod or something, but as far asbug number 12, if you are working on target prioritization, it would be nice if it would determine targets based off what type they are, as well as how close the target is to the hero.

For instance, if there are many neutral animals, it's annoying when my Druid strikes them down with lightning, while ignoring the enemy units that are coming after me.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:59 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Quick discussion: Should the Assassin hero gain 100 gold when successful? I would incline to say no for balancing reasons, but we should call a vote.
I agree. It makes investment into Wealth feasible.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:35 am

DeNarr wrote:
I'm not sure if [Jealous Swarm] means this is applying to a different version of the mod or something,

Ignore the title - it's just an on-running joke. These bugs will be fixed (or at least attempted to be fixed) for the latest version of The Protectors.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:17 pm

DeNarr wrote:

For instance, if there are many neutral animals, it's annoying when my Druid strikes them down with lightning, while ignoring the enemy units that are coming after me.

This bug was already reported and fixed: https://the-protectors.forumotion.com/t212-fixed-spellcasters-animals

I suggest you take a look into the threads before posting (just in case your ideas were already suggested, nothing else), to avoid wasting time and to keep things organized for Patrick and others who might be fixing bugs (help the TPC machine reach its destination! - version 1.0).
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Well, I have increased the limit of targets to 64 (was 24) and made it choose the targets randomly if there are more. I cannot further increase the limit unfortunately, so this should make things a little fairer (as fair as the RNG god can be).
Back to top Go down
DeNarr
Lord
Lord
DeNarr

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:03 am

Zetoo wrote:
DeNarr wrote:

This bug was already reported and fixed: https://the-protectors.forumotion.com/t212-fixed-spellcasters-animals

I suggest you take a look into the threads before posting (just in case your ideas were already suggested, nothing else), to avoid wasting time and to keep things organized for Patrick and others who might be fixing bugs (help the TPC machine reach its destination! - version 1.0).

Well, I was not creating a new thread, I was commenting on a thread where it was relevant. Also, animals where only an example I was giving, not the entire issue. I still would not want to target shrines and shops over enemies.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 1:54 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
3. By queuing "priority" commands to a Hero, you can have them convert a building at the same time as building one, allowing the hero to safely convert something without fear of being harmed and interrupted.
I will need more elaboration on this one. How do you reproduce it?
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 7:52 am

1. Order your Hero to build something near an enemy / neutral building.
2. While he's building, hold alt and then select convert.
3. Your hero is now converting, but yet still building.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 am

Have these two bugs been fixed in 0.8.9?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Yep, all fixed by 0.9. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Heroes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Bugs reporting-
Jump to: