The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Extracted from the wbc3 wiki:

1. Splash attacks that cause a critical hit (including a deathblow) will strike "allied" units within range. I.E: If a Giant belonging to your allies attacks an enemy unit in melee near your units, then if that Giant scored a Deathblow - then your units nearby will get hit, too, taking the obscene damage amount and being stunned!!! Morale of the story - keep away from splash damage friendly units. They could turn on you at a moments notice! FIXED

2. Splash attacks that cause a critical hit don't check along the vertical plain, allowing grounded units that can't hit aerial targets to still strike them and vice verse. I.E: If a Salamander scores a critical hit against a Swordsman, nearby fliers can also be hit, despite the Salamander being tagged to only hit grounded units. FIXED

3. Critical cleaves hits all units within horizontal range that are not on the exact side as the unit who caused this. Similar to above with the Giant, but from any unit that has a slashing type attack. Further more, it doesn't check for a unit's vertical position, allowing units like Swordsmen (who can only hit grounded targets) to hit aerial targets, or allowing Eagles (who can only hit aerial targets) to hit grounded units. FIXED

4. A unit wont cause a critical cleave if the initial target wont survive the attack, despite scoring a critical hit. This means a unit with a low damage output does better against swarms of units than those with higher damage amounts. FIXED

5. When a unit suffers a critical burn, it will cancel what ever commands it had been issued with, and replace them for the random running around if there are no enemies nearby detected by the automatic-unit-AI. This itself isn't the bug, but how a side's AI handles it is, as the AI's units only ever do what the main side's AI tells it to do. So when an AI's unit suffers a critical burn - it looses its orders and just stands there mindlessly for a few seconds before the main AI re-orders the unit to do something. I'm sure you've all seen an enemy unit charging you and then a stray fire arrow hits it with a critical burn, causing the advancing enemy unit to stop dead in its tracks.
FIXED

6. Critical burns don't award kills. It's painful when you're on a quest to kill an enemy Hero and have your Fire Dragon smite one, only to see the enemy Hero run off and then burn to death - awarding no kills for you nor your Dragon, leaving your quest still incomplete! FIXED

7. Stray electrical projectiles don't cause damage if they strike a unit. This one has such a large impact on the game that players keep this in mind when using units that have these projectiles. FIXED

8. Harmless animals can be assassinated for 100 gold. I don't mind them being assassinated, but to get a bounty for killing them? I doubt anyone would put a bounty on some random Seal. FIXED

9. The same splash damage attack that destroyed a building will also hit any units immediately spawned from it (such as Lair Bosses or those fallen from towers), if the unit was spawned within the splash damage range. FIXED

10. Projectiles with the "carry though" ability will always miss all targets if it tried to hit a target immediately next to it. I.E: Barbarian spears will always miss if they're engaged in melee combat. Even if the projectile is thrown and it passes through other units, it will miss them, too. A Shame since Barbarians are one of only 2 archers in the game that had a deathblow sound, yet to hear it means nothing.
FIXED

11. A suicidal unit's splash damage can't hit aerial targets, despite the unit itself being tagged to do so. The unit will still chase down aerial targets and explode - but wont inflict any damage. FIXED

12. A suicidal unit's splash damage can strike a building as many times as the splash range in squares crosses a building's grid squares, allowing units like Firebombs to do obscene damage to buildings, and in some cases, destroying them outright! FIXED

13. Units with a minimum range can still hit enemy units that are within this range if they were targeted before the enemy got within this range. FIXED

14. Electric projectiles can pass through void terrain (I.E: Cavern walls). FIXED

15. Missiles shot at certain angles have trouble hitting buildings with little art work compared to the building's full image. Typically this can be seen when attacking towers just gone under construction or when attacking the undead's Cage. FIXED

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:19 am

Number 9 makes sense to me. I mean, the building collapsed while you were in it! The explosion code progresses from center to out (like a real explosion), so when the tower is destroyed, the units fall and the explosion continues. What are your opinions on this?
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 am

It really comes down to a matter of opinion or balance, but I always vision a Giant in this scenario - striking a tower and destroying it, then striking those units inside for a second "free" attack. I just find that a little too much for something that does't feel like it was intended.

I can live with it, but it just feels unintentional to me.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:54 pm

I was thinking only of firebombs, but now that you put it that way, it does indeed seem unnatural. It is why I have chosen to fix it.

All above-mentioned bugs fixed in version 0.8.5 and later. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Combat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Bugs reporting-
Jump to: