The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reviving WBC1 Motifs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Reviving WBC1 Motifs Empty
PostSubject: Reviving WBC1 Motifs   Reviving WBC1 Motifs I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:51 pm

I was thinking: what about motifs? At least to play when you evolve palaces or “new armies and buildings are available”. Remember WBC1? Before System talks, little congas played along. WBC3 (and TPC) system have room for it (one or two seconds pause before talking, I did not erase that for some reason… Now I remember!). There were also motifs when a hero was killed, when you destroy enemy’s palace and so on: these were songs, created specifically for WBC1 OST. I guess I can try reproducing only congas once more (perhaps recording real congas, not sure if MIDI will help here) if there is any interest on it. afro
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Reviving WBC1 Motifs   Reviving WBC1 Motifs I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:36 am

I can obtain the original SFX from wbc1 if you'd like. Implementing the system is easy peasy. I'll let people vote if they want such a feature first though.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Reviving WBC1 Motifs   Reviving WBC1 Motifs I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:56 am

I personally like WBC1 system. But SFX and so on… At the time MIDI old school rocked the place… but not sure if 2015 is a good year for that. (True musicians/sound engineers – like my brother – always criticize me for programming MIDI instead of playing Keyboards: my point is, MIDI old school, like WBC1 motifs, is rather outdated, prehistorically actually. My idea was to record snare and/or congas before some current TPC system, just like In WBC1, improving it, perhaps).
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Reviving WBC1 Motifs   Reviving WBC1 Motifs I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Thank god no one has replied this yet. Why? Because this is impossible to accomplish. Period.

Main Reason: Bpm (beats per minute).
Explanation:
It will only work if:
1.WBC1 soundtrack is on;
2.No soundtrack in played;
3.I create motifs for every single SONG not belonging to WBC1 Soundtrack.

Additional issues: in case 2., suppose you are listening to a rock album or classical music on youtube. Motifs will be annoying as hell and would look like they came out of Jupiter. In case 3., just think a second: Wbc1 ranges from 95 to 110 bpm; Wbc2 is almost always on 70; wbc3 ranges also from 70 to something… and TPC OST…. Well I even put there some accelerando and or allargando… not to mention bpm from 60 to 145!

Conclusion: This is not a suggestion, this is madness. drunken
Possible Outcome: Close this topic for lack of planning.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Reviving WBC1 Motifs   Reviving WBC1 Motifs I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, at least we got this out of the way. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviving WBC1 Motifs   Reviving WBC1 Motifs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviving WBC1 Motifs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: