The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

campaign duration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Godoth951

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 1:28 am

First of all, I want to say thanks a lot for keep alive this amazing and sooo underrated game, I used to play a lot a years ago, but I lost the track of the game when I get a job and went to the university, you know.

Second. Yesterday, I dowloaded your version of the game, "TPC_beta_v0.8.4_FULL.zip", I make a fey hero and go to campaign, in there, I play a few battles in "The Wastes" location and then I get stuck there, the game says than I completed the campaign. My question is:

Are, the few battles in the wastes, the only campaign available for now?, and if the answer is yes, exist a way to play the old campaign in "The protectors" to take advantage of the new features you add?

Sorry for my bad "engrish" and thanks again for the game

Andrés
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 3:50 am

Hello Andres,

The campaign is mostly there to provide an item stash (by popular demand) for your hero, which is why the intro parts are small. Still you can obtain quite a lot of different acts by replaying over and over and making other choice combinations.

BTW, if you play with heroes whose race can have babies (knights, dwarves, barbarians, elves, empire, plaguelord) you get the Dragon's Maze start. There you can reach the endscreen in 9 different ways - as opposed to The Wastes beginning (undead, minotaur, orc, fey, daemon, ssrathi, swarm) where there are only 3 endscreens (but more choices on how to win battles).

I believe you can play the original wbc campaign through TPC if you do the following:
1. Copy the Campaign Scenario folder from the wbc directory to the tpc directory. Overwrite when asked
2. Copy the Campaign.xcr file from the wbc/english folder to the tpc/english folder. Overwrite
3. Copy the Video folder from the wbc directory to the tpc directory
* You might need to delete your hero's saved games from mydocuments/tpc/savedgames folder.

Do tell if it worked,

Patrick
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:18 am

Yeah, it seems like it worked.

Thanks.

I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.
Back to top Go down

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:43 pm

It did let me start at the sundered isle last night when I tried this. But today when I went to actually play it, I started in the wastes.

It won't let me reach the sundered isle.

It seems to have the mission of Warlords Battle cry, but The start locations of The protectors campaign.

Also when I got to an area that is outside the scope of a race like the undead, (e.g. the fey woods) It makes me play as knight or whatever race would be there.

In these areas where I'm forced to play a different race my hero doesn't spawn. Neither do the enemies it seems.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 2:43 pm

I have the 'Unit Editor MFC.exe' and 'XRC.exe' if that helps.

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Mickeysofine wrote:
Also when I got to an area that is outside the scope of a race like the undead, (e.g. the fey woods) It makes me play as knight or whatever race would be there.

In these areas where I'm forced to play a different race my hero doesn't spawn. Neither do the enemies it seems.

Any ideas?
It seems like the game isn't reading the .map files for some strange reason.
Back to top Go down

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:01 pm

Any ideas of what I can do?

If it's too much to bother with I'll understand.

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:13 pm

Clearly the problem lies within the source code. Debugging is required. With the implementation of custom campaigns in version 0.8.5 this apparent bug will eventually be solved as well. Patience! silent
Back to top Go down

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

Good luck with the next version.
Back to top Go down
Guest 2

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I was extremely excited downloading this only to be quite disapointed when playing it.. What am i supose to do in this? The small bit of campain available seems extremely hard like it's set up for the player to fail and the chapters use preset heros which takes the fun of raising your own hero away.

Am i just ment to do scirmishes to experience all these cool changes you seem to of added?
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Then great news for you: next version (0.8.5, comming soon) will have a lot more material to play with. Just wait and see! bounce

Chapters are made as a prequel to the TPC campaign (that is why there are fixed heroes). As a matter of fact, playing the Chapters is already playing the Campaign (once you realize what you do in chapters affects the whole campaign as well, because it is not linear - the final status of the cahpter heroes will be recoverded on your side or against you in main campaign - you see, is not as poor as it seems: it is gold yet to be found). TPC Beta Campaign is there only for items (full version of it only on 1.0). I would not call it hard however, but rather, I will say it is... clever (no point in palying just like the old stupid/boring WBC3 campaign - brains must be used as well to finish scenarios: better than playing in auto pilot, for me at least). So... don't worry, new material will answer your concerns soon (mainly dificulty, balancing, using custumizable heroes and campaigns, etc. - stay tuned).
Back to top Go down
Guest 2

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 8:19 pm

It was just very very overwhealming, I guess years and years of not touching WBC3 turned me noob, Failed every campain mission apart from 1 (Killing Fallon) on multiple occasions on multiple heros. Guess I'll go back to original game and wait while learning it again, seem i need to.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 8:59 pm

0.8.4 is still very experimental and unbalanced but 0.8.5 is clearly something planed and getting in the right path (IMO). You don't need to wait infinite amount of time however (a lot of work is still to be done), but in what concerns gameplay, 0.8.5 will be a stonemark for the future, at least I see it that way, as the gameplay is turning really cool - still in beta!

My suggestion: Explore some more skirmishes and play chapters in easy mode... That will make you recover lost, but not forgotten experience!
Back to top Go down
Guest 2

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Thank you for the replies aswell.

Maybe you can help with one last thing, Since you're the Bug Catcher Razz say if someone wanted to auto pilot a little bit while he refreshs his game skills, Can you suggest any Hero/Race combo to play around with?
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:16 pm

those titles are more out of joke, but ya, I am playing a lot these last days...

I personaly like deamons archmage (proficiency health) or Undead deathnight (proficiency spellcasting). Daemon race with any hero should be fine for starters on some skirmishes. There is a lot to explore, so perhaps the tutorial will be clever as well (5 min and off you go - just to learn RSB and some basic stuff)

or Dwarven folk to play with - those crazy MF, are really hard to beat!
Also, you coul try the orchish chapter as well - it begins with chieftan (I think?) level 1 hero and gets bigger with time. I think it could be interesting.

Hope it helps,
zeto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

campaign duration Empty
PostSubject: Re: campaign duration   campaign duration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

campaign duration
Page 1 of 1