The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fey Imbalance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexhandr
Lord
Lord
Alexhandr

Fey Imbalance Empty
PostSubject: Fey Imbalance   Fey Imbalance I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 2:22 pm

I fight in a 3 player FFA game. I am lvl 8 Fey Merchant. Fiancee is lvl 17 Empire Merchant, and a friend is a lvl 9 Summoner that plays Dark Dwarves. Game goes into late game and I find that pixies fucking destroy... everything. Literally everything. I have every upgrade and my fiancee and my friend team up and still cannot touch me. Spriggans are the meatshields, keeping their units at bay, while pixies throw endless amounts of 50 dmg fireballs. As the game goes on, I upgrade their experience. They get stronger. And stronger. And stronger. Nothing they do can possibly touch me, and my fiancee has twice as much merchant skill as me. It's absolutely bonkers how many units I slaughtered. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Empire and Dark Dwarven Units. They're not bad players either. In fact, my fiancee is a better player than I.

I made the suggestion she go Plutocratic 5 to make her units cheaper, especially mercenaries. I'll report back to see how it goes then.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Fey Imbalance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fey Imbalance   Fey Imbalance I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Pixies and ranged units in general are weaker in melee combat (low hp and combat reduced by half). Auto attacking is not the best course, some micromanaging yields a better result. I often find tactics to flank the enemy archers or targeting them in any other way before it is too late. Avoiding or outmaneuvering the cannon fodder army is essential especially in large scale battles.
There is a imbalance in version 0.8.4 though because of the critical burn bug (for fire missiles or fireballs).
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Alexhandr
Lord
Lord
Alexhandr

Fey Imbalance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fey Imbalance   Fey Imbalance I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:18 am

Any idea as to when this critical burn bug could be remedied? I know it's just you, really, but there are a lot of units with fire damage. My friend who plays Minotaurs won't play them because they cannot berzerk.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Fey Imbalance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fey Imbalance   Fey Imbalance I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 am

Critical burn bug has been fixed in version 0.8.4a. This hotfix patch should be released in the next few hours.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

Fey Imbalance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fey Imbalance   Fey Imbalance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fey Imbalance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: