The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ranged units will not fire over melee units.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexhandr
Lord
Lord
Alexhandr

Ranged units will not fire over melee units. Empty
PostSubject: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 4:20 pm

I am unsure if this is intentional or not, but over many games my friends and I have noticed that ranged units do not fire over melee. This is frustrating, but understandable, though not at all so when there are flying units above the melee units, and the archers and other ranged units do not attack the enemy flying units. It makes little sense why an archer would hesitate to fire at a Daemon above a halberdier.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Well, this can be easily fixed by prioritizing certain units, but how should those priorities be made? You've stated an obvious one (daemon>halberdier) but should ranged units always attack the "strongest" one? Or should it always aim for the flying one first? I will need some suggestions here.

Alternatively, I could make it so it hits both the ground and the air target at the same time, but that seems a little unrealistic and silly for me.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
DeNarr
Lord
Lord
DeNarr

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:37 am

I think he means "over" as in "over the heads of". As in, melee units are blocking ranged units from firing through them.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:51 am

DeNarr wrote:
I think he means "over" as in "over the heads of". As in, melee units are blocking ranged units from firing through them.
But that is not the case, is it? Since wbc1, ranged units are firing over other units in front of them. I am confused.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
I am confused.

Can I join you all in confusion? Is this the case when archers lose their ability to set their arrows on fire? Is it a matter of daemon chaos ability? (Perhaps not, but more lumber is required for this fire!).

Edit:To be more precise: flaming arrows upgrade fails to act in the presence of doomknights, slayerknights and daemons due to their chaos passive ability.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Essentially they mean arrows lack a vertical component and always hit anything the sprite does. I assume what is wanted is to change the trajectory of the projectiles depending upon target.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 1:03 am

Oh, I get it now. Simply put, if you are targeting an aerial unit, the arrow will be in the aerial layer (and will not be able to accidentally hit a ground unit). Am I right?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 4:30 am

I would consider this a suggestion rather than a bug. I think it should get listed in the Discussions doc and then we can close this topic.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranged units will not fire over melee units.   Ranged units will not fire over melee units. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranged units will not fire over melee units.
Page 1 of 1