The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! Empty
PostSubject: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:56 pm

To avoid forgiveness and extending this idea to others that might want to help with artwork and/or 3D animation:

I always wanted to see, in WBC2 and WBC3, an opening cinematic like in WBC1. It was, at the time, the most amazing introductory video I ever saw. However, everything moves very slowly in The Protectors, since there are no resources and everything is on a volunteer basis. I’m not criticizing at all, I love the idea of “if it could be better, do it yourself man!”.

So, I believe it would be awesome to see a 3D cinematic, but it is a huge time spending on every frame, constructing models etc, etc. (you guys know what this is). I even tried myself until I gave up. It’s a total new world and I have no references whatsoever to begin with.

The best solution may be a 2D slide show video. For that matter, I can be helpful, meaning that I can compose a unique song inspired in your suggestions, WBC1 thematic etc. I can even bring to you a male narrative performance from a fan base (already in discussions with him, and he “looks” very positive in helping us).

We could use someone’s original art work to get us some images to work with, or we can try and find some copyright free images out there to create a story:

Scene 1: Dragons coming from the horizon
Scene 2: Those dragons attacking a Human village
Scene 3: A human, elf and dwarf assemble in a castle
Scene 4:  An army fighting dragons
Scene 5: “The Protectors” logo.

Last edited by Zetoo on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 12:31 am

I can easily (re)create 3d buildings and fly-through videos, but bipeds and animations are the tough (and center) part.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:03 am

There is also a hybrid possibility. One guy alone goes nuts on this.

Scene1: 2D/artwork
Scene2: fly-through video
Scene3: 3d building +
Scene4: The real hard stuff--> animations + bipeds and more
Scene5: Easy Artwork.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 5:47 pm

We could use mute WBC1 edited cinematic as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvcxzIW_rI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsfhcLnjOM8
I’ll post soon a 3 minutes original song for TPC intro. It’s alive!
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:33 am

The “ExtraIntro” song for the introductory video. Open to further suggestions.
This is what I see in it:
Intro: 0-0.26
Scene1: 0.26-0.51
Scene2: 0.51-1.38
Scene3: 1.38-2.24
Scene4: 2.24-2.42
Scene5-2.42-3.03
This song will be turned into AmbientEpic9 for in battle song, but will start and continue the idea on Scene4, with some evil tones. That will be future work… Enjoy!
https://soundcloud.com/andr-naya/extraintro.

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:12 am

I think there are too many melodic changes for a single track (and no refrain) but I suppose for the intro scenes, that is necessary. Each piece alone is wonderful otherwise. Careful on the Epic battle track though.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:30 pm

No problem at all: Discussion and disagreement are fundamental here. I understand music is extremely secondary now and I don’t want to make you waste more time on this, than you already did. So I suggest you use WBC1_Ambient2 instead (I feel I am forcing my personality too much here). About the Epics, perhaps the best thing to do is shut off the project? I was about to finish bone-structure of all 11 new tracks I had in mind (you may say, 15% is done) and they all have violence on it, trying to increase Epic diversity. Also, my musical interests, as you can tell, are now turning to Hollywood movie-soundtrack composition (Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer mostly) so they will be more like “ExtraIntro” with much accelerated bit rate (functionality is key here) and less eclectic material (more constant and thematic, just like Dark Elf Theme for example). Your call really, not sure you want to go even further, taking other side musical projects as beneficial (I am not seeing myself experimenting with WBC OST for much longer), OR, simply consider our partnership productive as is (lock it, close it). Again, I feel I had crossed the line and I am just “showing up” now. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 4:42 am

The Hollywoodian movie soundtracks is just what I like (along with the Dark Elf theme), but I can't speak for the rest. In my opinion, if you can do it, do it! If not, ah well, your musical contribution has been more than sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!   Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help us create a 2D/3D Original Introductory Animation For TPC!
Page 1 of 1