The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

[FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3 Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3   [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 pm

* On the "Invasion" map:  Lairs don't generate a "boss" when you destroy them, but the text displayed at the top of the screen when you mouse over the lairs says they do.

* When playing as knights, and you select a builder and mouse over the knight stables, it says you need a level 2 keep to build it.  In fact you need a level 3 keep.

* When playing as knights, there are double damage ("paladin") and triple damage upgrades for knights.  The triple damage one says it's "vs undead", but there is no such qualifier for the double damage upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3   [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 am

There's a whooooole lot more help text based issues than that too. This sort of thing is fairly normal when playing pretty much any race in the game. I haven't witnessed that Lair bug yet though. The other Lairs I've seen always produce a boss in other maps. I made that map in 1.03.25 but haven't had any problems like that in it. There must've been some weird problem when it was ported over to The Protectors. In any case it should probably be solved by replacing the Lairs with the same ones from The Protectors (I hope).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3   [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 pm

If anyone experiences the "boss doesn't appear" bug, rebooting your machine might fix it.  See this thread for more info.

(Note that that only resolves 1 of the 3 listed textual errors.)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3   [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Turtle wrote:

* When playing as knights, and you select a builder and mouse over the knight stables, it says you need a level 2 keep to build it.  In fact you need a level 3 keep.
Fixed in 0.8.4.
Turtle wrote:

* When playing as knights, there are double damage ("paladin") and triple damage upgrades for knights.  The triple damage one says it's "vs undead", but there is no such qualifier for the double damage upgrade.
- that's because first they do double damage vs ALL troops, then they can do triple damage vs undead (and still double to others).

Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3   [FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] textual errors (?) in 0.8.3
Page 1 of 1