The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

[SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 Empty
PostSubject: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:44 pm

I just tried the 0.8.3 patch using a level 23 woodelf healer I had built up with 0.8.2.  No healing was working.  Spells (heal self, cure, heal group, major healing, gemberry) didn't work, health potions didn't work, and building the woodelf healing building and upgrading it to do full-map healing also didn't work.  The "healing rays" graphical effect would happen as expected, but no hit points would be given.  This same hero could cast a lightning spell and that worked fine.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:02 am

As far as I can remember this weird healing bug has been around in pretty much every version of WBC3. It's a pretty rare bug which is apparently related to a certain hero and possibly even the campaign. Someone managed to 'fix' it by deleting the hero, but that's the only way I know of other than to use a different exe to fix it. In this case that might be impossible though. The only compatible exe would probably be the 0.8.2 one. It might be worth trying to use 0.8.2 and if it's working again switch it back to 0.8.3.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 am

I can only partly remember this and may have even seen it first hand - if I did I didn't think much of it at the time, else I would have remembered it. Does that mean I suffered at its hands but found a fix?. Mad

The first thing I would have tried is changing / removing my Hero's items, as it could be caused by a clash of an item's ability with a Hero item, especially since the items themselves can bestow actual Hero abilities on to the Hero. Which could mean that perhaps there's a limit to the amount of Hero abilities any one Hero can have at any one time, and if there are too many items with Hero abilities, it renders some null. (like how the editor wont load the first few tile XCR's when there are too many to load, but will load the later ones)
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

I tried replaying the map ("Curled Earth", played as woodelves as before, though only played it long enough to test) and removing all hero items -- even with zero hero items the heal spells did not work. I also tried a different map ("Invasion", played as knights) and that didn't help either. I did notice that the "cure" spell still partially works -- it does cure conditions, it just does not provide any hit points.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 pm

If anyone experiences this healing bug, rebooting your machine might fix it.  See this thread for more info.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 pm

You had your computer left switched on for months? What a Face

If this was the cause then that would explain why I may have never seen this (or if I had, then didn't think anything of it) because I switch my computer off at the end of every day. flower
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:26 am

I encourage everyone to keep energy consumption to a minimum for ecological reasons. Leaving computers on when you don't intend to use them is no good.

Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3   [SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] healing in 0.8.3
Page 1 of 1