The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inn System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:58 pm

I believe one of WBC3's charms is the Hero and TPC only makes these more desirable, unique, alive and enticing. With that premise in mind, it is natural that people would make 392.084 Heroes, most of them collecting dust at level 9 after 2-3 battles, but others with a record to make Lord Bane blush.

So, what about an Inn System where you can trade items between characters? I just found a Staff of Zhur and a headgear giving +3 to Necromancy (or was it +2?) with my Fey Merchant. Since I have some kind of connection with my unique/set items, I can't throw the Staff away. I just can't. It's immoral and my mother could die if I threw it away. True story.
It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a nice UI and maybe some immobile bartender (called Joe?) guy just to get dat inn-feeling.

So, what do you think about this?

Also, I'm posting a lot suggestion and possible bugs, if this bothers please tell me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Not only once throughout the years have I heard people saying "Awww man I wish my other hero found this item. If they could only trade items between them". A last resort was to play in multiplayer with another friend - the exchanger. He would pick the desired dropped item, then, in a secondary match, give the item to the other hero.

An interesting suggestion and certainly doable.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:26 pm

I understand there are ways to do it, but it surprises me I'm alone in that boat, specially now that there are so many new and different items, some of them suiting only specific play styles. Sad

Oh well. Not every suggestion can be a winner, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 am

I like this idea (especially the bartender part lol!). I know several people who've wanted to exchange items but we had to settle for exchangers instead. That said if it's going to take a long time and a lot of effort to make this work, it might not be worth it  Neutral.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 am

The first thing that comes to mind into getting this implemented easily is by just making it so you can access other Hero's campaign-item stash when in the campaign. A simple left and right arrow next to the window should be enough. This also indirectly means that you can store more items than before by simply just dropping them into another Hero's campaign-item stash.
afro
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:00 am

If anything like this does get implemented, I'd like it so that items can't be equipped/unequipped in the middle of a battle. At the cost of this small amount of micromanagement, it gives mages in particular all the bonuses of their equipment with none or very little of the drawbacks. There's also some items which give immediate bonuses but a drawback only if the item was equipped at the start of the game (such as the Fickle Nature artefact). It doesn't make sense that someone would take all their armour off, cast a spell and put all their armour back on again in the middle of a battle. The player should pick what they want before a battle starts and go in with what they chose rather than effectively having the bonuses of all items in their backpack as well as their current equipment.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:43 am

I agree. Items that are on your hero are stuck on your hero during battle (maybe just a quick-swap of weapons?). The only interaction would be with items in the back-pack and on the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

Inn System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inn System   Inn System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inn System
Page 1 of 1