The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daemon's New Design

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

Daemon's New Design Empty
PostSubject: Daemon's New Design   Daemon's New Design I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:03 pm

I understand units, trees and buildings were rearranged, but if I may, why were Daemon changed in such a manner? Not saying if it was better or worse, just trying to understand the reason behind the new design.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Daemon's New Design   Daemon's New Design I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:37 am

Every race should be played differently (like undead in original). We though the daemons are a real threat in lore, if only one rift got opened and created such chaos. A rush to close it would be necessary to defeat them. Therefore, their units are produced fast (less than 10 seconds) from a single building (Pit). Summoners, a.k.a. worshipers, are the only link between the daemon plane of existence and etheria. It is why they are produced at level 1. They can now Blink, which is a known summoning teleportation spell. In long matches, summoners can be hoarded safely in the base to summon daemons. A daemon side with its summoners killed is a loosing side. When the hero uses its Racial Synergy Bonus, beautiful succubus spawn around the hero (number depends on time passed - so it is best to use it as late as possible or in an emergency) who provide valuable souls for the daemon army, and souls = mana = strong army.

And now my personal opinion: After playing a few matches with and more frequently against the daemon race, I have concluded that it is the most unpredicted side of all. It is the battle-turnover you are hoping for/against. Just one pit built near the enemy base can easily create conditions for a (or more) surprise attacks. You can provoke the enemy to leave its base defenseless (especially when fighting another human player), then pillage everything. Late game you can, of course, summon daemons and imps for free. Creating ugly thunder storms gives an enormous advantage most of the time (beware the barbarians though). And let's be honest, blinking is the most useful escape/ explore spell in the game, now that it is targetable.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

PostSubject: Re: Daemon's New Design   Daemon's New Design I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:58 am

In my opinion, your goal was achieved. I was fascinated when playing for the first time, and giggled at the speed of 'summoning' (Pit training), specially since I only play at Very Fast speed. I was lost at first (as I was when I accidentally summoned succubus while playing/dining  jocolor) and burned a lot of money, but later it was only destruction, fire and giggles, fiery giggles.

Thanks a lot (I've been saying that a lot for you lately, am I not? Smile).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemon's New Design   Daemon's New Design I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daemon's New Design
Page 1 of 1