The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flooded Caverns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:17 am

To date I have never made a desirable cavern terrain map. I don't know if this is because of the lack of tile sets that can be sued with it or if I'm just stuck using them unimaginatively (claustrophobic tunnels). So, in the attempt to make better cavern maps, I have made a new tile set to help me make something which is both pleasing and can make the maps differentiate them selves from others already out there.
I present you with Flooded Caverns:

Spoiler:

This new tile set should allow for some interesting flier only routes, as well as some cunning Naga Temple uses. Of course, in The Protectors you have the tile changing event - that could be used to change the tiles from flooded to standard or the other way around for some fun scripted campaign scenario.

This entirely new Kharn Pak isn't ready for the public yet. There are still 2 things I need to brush up on with this set - pushing the water line further up the cavern walls and adding back in the shadows caused by those rock-light things.

Once that is done, I will make the cavern exterior able to transition to snow. Although I have plans to make the exterior transition to all terrain types, it remains to be seen as to when I'll get around to those. However, once I've done one, it wont take long to make the others.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Looks great and fun to play with. I also see that you have inserted some old towers into wbc3. Did your extra tower per temple project work?
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 am

To some extent, but once you've converted a temple you then will always have access to the towers, even if the temple is then lost. I think there may be a bug with the way that temples work and requires some testing, but it seems temples are not actually awarding losses when destroyed / converted.

A simple test of your hero destroying an AI owned temple and then immediately finishing the game should identify whether or not it awards a lost building to the AI.

Also, the AI can't build these towers, and after playing around with other buildings, it seems the AI must be specifically told how to use each building, and thus can never use any newly added building despite its purpose.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 am

Unless you code it in.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Unless you code it in.  Cool 

Exactly!
Anyway, I've decided not to increase the water level any further than what is shown. Simply because the water level must be equal or lower than the rest of the floor that's not covered in water for it to make logical sense. But I have pushed it further against the wall to help make it look right. I've also started putting the lighting and shadows in (done all straights - just need to do the 8 corners).

Here's a comical scene involving the new flooded caverns - I'm such a Troll!
Spoiler:

P.S: It seems I nor the visitors are allowed to view your signature, Patrick. For visitors it says only admins are allowed to view the image, but for me, it says only admins are allowed to view the link.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:35 am

Kharn wrote:

P.S: It seems I nor the visitors are allowed to view your signature, Patrick. For visitors it says only admins are allowed to view the image, but for me, it says only admins are allowed to view the link.

Thanks, I fixed that now. This limitation was previously only affecting the Off-Topic section, so no biggie.
Back to top Go down
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:42 am

This is very cool. I liked your other tilesets but this one is my favourite by far.
Think... of the possibilities!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:18 am

I didn't want to release the pack till I've made something else for this new Caverns Pak. However, I've been a bit side tracked as of late, so it's questionable as to when I will get around to working on this.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:03 am

As my attention is currently elsewhere, I've decided to just go and release this pack as it is, instead of just holding it back for what could be a lengthy period of time.

I don't remember exactly what state I left these in, but a quick look in the editor seems to suggest they're in a decent condition. (Although it's usually when playing an actual game with the big resolution where I see what could be improved.)

They've been uploaded to the usual place.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 am

Thanks Kharn, you're the best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flooded Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flooded Caverns   Flooded Caverns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flooded Caverns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Off-topic-
Jump to: